Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Posting with Pictures

Now it's time to do what you came here to learn about... BLOG! You will do all of your blogging on the window posted above. If you are planning on using multiple pictures in your blog, I highly recommend uploading them first! To upload a picture, click on the icon of the picture (see this isn't that hard...).
Once you do that, this window (above) will pop up. Choose the picture you would like to upload and then decide what size you would like that picture to be and WHERE you would like to put it. Then you will click "Upload Image".

If you are using MULTIPLE pictures (this is important) you will upload the picture you want to show up last, first. So if I was posting a blog about Lions and Tigers and Bears (Oh my!), I would upload the Bear picture first, then the Tiger, then the Lion.

I upload all of my pictures before I write my text and the first picture you see on my blog posts (the last one I upload) I always make Large/ Center. The other pictures I upload I prefer them to be of medium size (and I put mine on the left). Personally I think that the small pictures are a bit too small for my eyes, but that is all just personal preference. Play with it to see what works best for you. Once you have your pictures uploaded, then you can start typing around them.

Try it out and let me know if you have any questions about it. The best way to get good at blogging is to "do it". I blog A LOT and no one believes me when I say blogging takes no time... In my opinion, what takes the longest is choosing what pictures to use and uploading them. The actual typing and publishing takes not time at all (that is- if you know what you want to say).

Once you have a blog post done (aka some pictures and text), click on "Publish Post" and see what it looks like. If you don't like it, you can always come back and edit it!

And don't forget to spellcheck first! Grammar snobs like I pick up on those things rather quickly... (and always read what you write out loud a few minutes later so you don't accidentally omit or add words that don't make sense). I hope I have taken my own advice on this one...

Happy Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment